Monday, February 11, 2008

To train...or not to train....

Our little man can't decide if he wants to be a big boy or mommy's baby. Is it time to use the potty and wear big boy undies or stay in diapers? Miles swings between Mr. Independant who will FREAK if I even suggest helping him with something and heaven forbid I tell him he's not old enough to do something and being stuck to me like glue wanting me to do everything for him. He's still allowed to have his bink but only at naptime and bedtime. Well lately he's been sneaking it downstairs and popping it in his mouth when he thinks I'm not looking. I've seen him smuggle it downstairs in his pajama top sleeve or tucked in his waistband. I don't know if he senses that we're getting ready to get rid of it completely and he's getting as much of it as he can now or if he's just going through a phase where he needs the comfort it gives him. I guess it's tough being a toddler and being so frustrated. He's one smart cookie and he struggles daily with the battle between what he CAN do and what he THINKS he can do. He amazes the women on our cleaning team that come every two weeks with what he knows. They were quizzing him on his colors last week and he named every single one they asked. He can identify certain letters of the alphabet, he knows that CAT spells cat, he can help "read" some of his favorite books, and with help can rote count to 10 as well as being able to rational count up to 3 items. He's been speaking in full sentences lately and his vocabulary grows by leaps and bounds every day. He has taken to mumbling lately and using his own words for things which I'm not super concerned with at this point because that seems like fairly normal behavior for his age. We took MamMom out to lunch last Friday and he was charming all the staff and patrons of the diner we went to, as he usually does whenever we go out. I took him to the bathroom for a quick diaper change and everyone was telling my mom how cute and smart he is and what a lucky grandma to have such a little doll for a grandson. I told my mother he was using his company manners and he isn't always that well behaved...lol. I'm hoping to snap some new pics of him in the next day or two and when I do I'll post some new ones.

No comments: