Saturday, February 16, 2008

Guess you have to take the bad with the good...

First the good.....
For the fifth day in a row Miles has gone pee pee on the potty! Today after giving high fives he told me "I proud of self!" So far it's only once or twice a day and he's still going more in the pull-up than on the potty but considering the fact that he's not even 2 1/2 yet I think he's doing a super job. I don't want to rush him or place any pressure on him and I think letting him set the pace is the best way to go. I have a feeling it won't take him long to be diaper-free.

Now the not so good.....
My blood sugar has been bouncing around all over the place and the endocrinologist has decided to put me back on insulin full time which I kind of expected and I know it's for the best. What has me really upset is that she's also putting me back on Actos which caused me to gain over 40 pounds the last time I was on it. She says the blood sugar control is more important than the weight and trying to control my weight at this point is kinda like closing the barn door after the animals have escaped. So the 50+ pounds I've worked SOOOO hard to lose and keep off will most likely be piling back on. Talk about depressing. I just can't win. Between that, the constant pain I'm in, the frustration of not being able to do the things I want to do because of that, and the aggravation of not having any doctor LISTEN to me and understand what I'm going through has me feeling lost and depressed. Not even Miles telling me "mommy pretty" is enough to cheer me up these days.

No comments: