Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Toddler Blues

I love my son but oh boy what a day we had today. It started off with him waking up around 3am and not going back to sleep. I finally had to put him in bed with me and snuggle him close and he finally settled in for the rest of his night's sleep and was out cold until Joe woke us up at 9am. Starting from wake up time at 9am his behavior was off the charts ALL DAY long! He's 2 and 2 year olds are not known for their spectacular listening skills. So I don't expect miracles in the listening department. But today he didn't listen AT ALL and in fact went out of his way to push my buttons and have the most horrible behavior ever. I have never been so frustrated in my life. After a day of being tackled, pounced, kicked, climbed, biffed, and bruised I wonder if I have the strength to make it through the tough times. Then he smiles at me or tells me he loves me and it's all worth it. He still sometimes likes to be cuddled and rocked at night and tonight he fell asleep in my arms. Looking down at that sweet little face I could see both the precious little baby he once was and the handsome little boy he's becoming. I know when he's in high school and getting ready for college I'll think back on the terrible two's and miss those times. Ok, so maybe I'll miss all the times except the terrible two's...lol.

No comments: